Re: Long cranking times...

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 21:25:06 EST

could be the fuel line pressure valve in the fuel pump. What it does is
maintain the fuel pressure in the lines by stopping it from backflowing into
the tank when you shut the vehicle off. The way to test this is to turn your
key to the accessory position for a couple seconds, turn the key off, then
back to the accessory position again for a couple seconds, then crank the
engine. If it starts right up then thats the prob, if not it is something
else. If this is the problem then the solution is to either replace the fuel
pump or just prime the injectors/fuel line pressure each time before you
crank the engine (thats the method I just described). I have had this prob in
my 95 dak since 98, I chose to save the cash and just get in the habit of
priming the system before I crank the motorand it works just fine.

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, Thorley headers,gibson exhaust (3" from
headers back, no cat), MSD digital 6+ ignition, MSD wires, Brass cap&rotor,
autolite 3923's, Hughes 1418 cam, hughes stage 2 intake, 1.6:1 roller
rockers, Hughes stage 2 throttle body, K&N X-stream filter, ! quart oil
filter (trans-dapt relocated), auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior axles,
speadtweaks IAT adjuster