Re: odometer rollback

From: Car37 (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:07:27 EST

You can also go to the dealer to see when the last server there was. I had
some coworkers purchase a vehicle (at same dealer) and when they returned for
warranty work (used car but low mileage), the computer would not allow the
service because it was taken to another dealer previous for service work at a
later mileage. Why the dealer did not check into this first before selling the
car, I do not know, they had the information in the system. The police became
involved and they were refunded the full purchase price and other fees except
insurance. This was at Ford about 10 years ago. Here in Ontario, they started
to require you to give them the mileage every year when you renew, last year I
did not but this year they would not let me unless I gave them the mileage.

--

Shawn Englehart return email: englehart@sympatico.ca www.geocities.com/englehrt http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/Yfz3JVR3VIJnE/profile.htm