transmissions

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:32:19 EST

Hey,
    Once again my engine is almost done at the shop. I don't think my v6
(with o/d) tranny will hold up to this monster which is a WELL built 318.
What kind of transmission would you guys recomend for my truck? it's a 95
Dak short cab&box. I'll need over drive because this is a daily driver, but
the tranny will have to take some punishment. I'd also like something that
I can shift manualy when I get the urge to race. Right now I have the stock
trans for the 3.9 with o/d do you know which model this is? Is there one
brand of aftermarket trans. that is better than others or could I get a
stock one and have it rebuilt?

Thanks,
Geoff