re: Not Recommended - Jacobs ignition products

From: mike.burgess@akamail.com
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 16:22:13 EST

victor.williams@byers.com spake thusly:

> Man, you must have something else going on under that hood..
> How do the
> plugs look ?

I've got the autolites, and they are just happy as clams in
sand. I do LONG, hard hot runs from LA to Ukiah, a couple of
times a year, at 85mph, 90 - 95 F outdoor temps, and 2 or 3 folks
and a load of camping gear. The 2 plug wires that died were
the rearmost, getting the least fresh air.
 Then I have the QuickD intake and the JBA, ceramic coated,
SS headers. No Blower, Nitrous or anything.
Just long, hard hot runs. (550 mi in 7.5 hrs)
  Oh, and then the "Grapevine" on the I5 in Calif, that will choke most
cars & trucks. Dakotas go pretty well though.

> I've had Jacobs wires on my '95 Dak for almost 5 years.
> 6 of the 8 are original and are fine. Two wires did leak some
> sparks and
> Jacobs replaced them with no problem..
> Yes, I did have an intermittent problem with the Omni Pak after
> 2+ years
> and they replaced it too. They make it easy to bypass
> and isolate the problem.

Good thing too, sice mine died at a grocery store parking lot.
 had to run for a week with overgapped plugs before I could change them

> I don't baby my engine.. Towing a 5000# trailer from Ga to
> Colorado in July
> makes it pretty brutal under the hood and all is well.
>
> Victor Williams / GA
> 1995 Dak CC,5.2L,5sp, 3.55 lsd,Jardine catback,Jacobs Ign, 205k+
> miles
>

> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:08:11 -0800
> From: Mike Burgess <mike.burgess@akamail.com>
> Subject: DML: Not Recommended - Jacobs ignition products
>
> After a frustrating weekend drive, due do my misfortune to have
> installed Jacobs products, both of which have failed
   <<snip>>
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)