re: Not Recommended - Jacobs ignition products

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 23:25:47 EST

Mike, Dakotas go real well up the Grapevine, hehe!! 75 for me is no
sweat going up, foot only like 1/4 way down. I ran up to my Dad's place
in Los Molinos, 20 miles north of Chico off Hwy 99, 500 miles from my
door to his, and a hair over 6 hours, and that's with hitting some of
the "Tule Fog" near Buttonwillow that slowed me up for about 30 mins :-)
Btw, Jacobs gave me probs as well with the '97, I had 3 of the 6 wires
taped at the boots due to leakage. My Dad recently replaced the "Energy
Team" unit in his Toronado due to failure. He rarely drives it as is,
but he got just around the corner from the house and "pffft". They gave
him alot of crap because it was an "outdated" box (got it in '91 when I
built the motor), so he told them to "F-O" and went and got an MSD 6A
and some Super Conductor wires and loves it!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm