RE: Mobil 1... again

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 07:20:51 EST

Hi Jon,
Its a piece of cake. First, put a pan underneath the filter to catch the
drippin's like normal. Second, unscrew the old filter. Third, wipe off the
filter seat, lube the new filters o-ring seal with fresh oil and screw it
on. Fourth, top off the oil to replace what you just lost in the old
filter. That's all there is to it!

Remember, you don't drain the oil through the filter passage. The only oil
you'll loose will be the oil in the filter. (Unless you happen to have your
oil filter screwed into the bottom of the oil pan.)
Rich

PS. SAFETY DISCLAMER: Don't do this with the engine running. :'B