RE: Front Tow Hooks on 2000 Dakota 4.7L

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 11:08:18 EST

Ok, "over-building" is never unnecessary when we're talkin about 4-wheelin!!
    hehe

For my setup, you could look at it and say that those little plates just
bolted to the frame won't take a lateral pull, they'll just rip off...
Well, they've been tested, quite a bit i must say, and they are still there
in the same spot they've always been. And i've given her a few really hard
yanks. Heaviest was probably a 2000 4x4 Ram Club Cab. He got spun sideways
on a really narrow trail, and i had to pull his back end around. And
because his wheels kept digging in from the side, i had to do the dreaded
"Put some slack in the line, and full-throttle reverse".
My truck's front end bounced off the ground, but i got him out, and my hooks
are still intact.

Having said all that...... Yes, i would like a crazy tough setup, so that
there would NEVER be a worry that there was even the possibility of
breakage.
But i think that's gonna be on my next wheelin rig. :)

The Adam Blaster