Re: Front Tow Hooks on 2000 Dakota 4.7L

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 11:34:57 EST

Take a look at a front Hidden Hitch or Draw Tight - I
forget which.

Now they have the standard class III recevier attach
but the hooks and attachment is great.
If you don't want the receiver maybe a welding shop
can remove it.
--- "J. Courtenay Brandon" <jcbrandon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Brian Bourne asked:
>
> "Does anyone have heavy duty tow hooks on a 2000 or
> later Dakota 4x4?"
>

> I do. If you had the Mopar tow hook kit installed
> we've got the same setup.
>
> It doesn't reach the crossmember because the kit is
> designed for the '99-style front suspension. When
> Dodge went to rack and pinion steering on 4x4s in
> 2000, they moved the crossmember back a few inches.
> It's not because of the engine.
>
> Just how "heavy duty" was this pulling you did? I
> know
> the Mopar kit isn't as strong as it would be if it
> attached to the crossmember. But I'm curious how
> strong it is. Looks like you inadverdantly became
> our
> failure analysis tester :-)
>
> And if the dealer installed this setup, they are
> accepting responsibility for its failure, right?
> That
> is, they installed a part that isn't recommended, so
> they'll fix the damage, yes/
>
> Very curious about your experience with this.
>

> cheers,
>

> -J.

> Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting,
> just $8.95/month.
> http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group HD Package Skid Plates
Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber, Steel Horse Torneau cover,
Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs, Removed air horns from Throttle Body,
new TB bolts, Taylor 8mm Wires, Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes,
McGard Tailgate lock, Audiovox cut off switch & hood lock
-Smyrna, Georgia