looking for R/T and oldest Dodge

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 18:04:00 EST

A friend of mine in Waco, Tx has fallen in love with my R/T and since I am not
ready to sell mine I told him I would see if there were any good used ones in
central Texas. He only wants a RC preferably in FR. He really wants mine but I
am not done having fun with mine and I am going to wait until I see what
develops in a higher performance model in 2003 or 2004. My free extended
warranty will be good until then anyway. BTW I saw the oldest Dodge ever in a
car show last week. It was a 1923 Dodge Brothers touring car in driveable
condition and never been overhauled. Strange engine had a starter generator
combination that ran off of the timing chain on 1 side of the engine and the
other side the chain drove the water pump and distributor. The carburetor was
an early aircraft type with a dash mounted mixture control instead of a choke so
you could compensate for high or low altitudes and the fuel pump was vacuum
operated and would not pump at full throttle but could run of of its reservoir
of about a quart unless you had to drive up too long of a hill. He had replaced
it with an electric one. This car also had a 12 volt electrical system from the
factory which is extremely rare before the 1950s in any car. This was a 4
cylinder OHV engine about 25 hp the owner said.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC FR