Long afternoon

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 19:51:48 EST

Luckily, it was warm this afternoon so I was finally able to install my
new cap, rotor & MSD 8.5MM wires with much help from my father and
brother. 3 1/2 hours it took us. There's no way I'll give this truck
up now - I can't go through that learning process again! Got a few of
the wires misplaced (swapped 6 and 3), had to adjust where along the
wires the looms were placed, and had trouble getting the rear loom on
the left side into the hole.

Thanks to Bob Smith for the ideas on how to get at the distributor. I
wasn't able to sit on the radiator support, Bob, as with the extra 2
cylinders there was nowhere for my feet to go. Ended up kneeling on the
support and leaning waaaay over.

Thanks to Jon Smith for the heads-up about cutting a notch in the
Made4You looms to accommodate the lip on the valve covers.

Engine revs much smoother now, but my "ticking" is still there. Now, to
see how my gas mileage does.