Re: changing transfer case oil

From: kwreimer (kwreimer@msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 22:38:13 EST

I did this last month, but I removed the cover,and I sprayed it all out
inside with brake cleaner,the type that evaporates quick, leaves no
residue.. and I resealed the cover after cleaning the surface well with High
Temp RTV silicone sealant and seal around the holes c/t the cover..also as
you lay a good bead around the cover. then reinstall cover, tighten
bolts,snug only...let sealant dry at least over night to vulcanize, then
install 8 oz's of posi lube if you have posi, and 2 QTS of 80-90 wt.it comes
right to the bottom line of fill plug, and DONE...