Re: V10 swb Ram chassis cab(Will?)

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 23:55:24 EST

I know it's been a while getting back to you on this, sorry. The lightest
V-10 chassis-cab available would be a 2500 series, 2wd chassis. They are
basically a 3/4 ton reg. cab longbed pickup without the bed. There are no
"short-wheelbase" chassis cabs per-say, the short wheelbase models are
equivalent to the wheelbase of a long-bed pickup. If you get a chassis cab
and you order the V10, it will code a heavier-duty transmission, larger
driveshaft(s), and a heavier-duty rear axle. 3.54 or 4.10 gears are
available. If you are looking to make a reg cab, short-bed V-10 pickup, the
easiest way to make that happen would just be get a connection in mexico and
order one up! The V-10 is available in a 1/2 ton swb Ram there, or at least
is has been in years past! That way you would already have the 5-lug 1/2 ton
hardware on the truck, and the wheelbase/bed would be factory
engineered/installed. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html