removing tail light assembly on a DAK

From: Brandon Stone (ih8ac@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 09:31:33 EST

I'm trying to remove the tail light assembly on my '98 Dakota so I can
replace the backup light bulbs. After lowering the tailgate, I found two
torex (spelling?) screws along the sides of the metal near the posts where
the tailgate's locking mechanism attaches, which I promptly removed. Doing
so was not enough to remove the tail light assembly. My Dakota has a
bedcover so it's pretty hard to see where/if there is another screw holding
the front half of the assembly in place. It's clear that it's attached to
something!

Can someone describe how the thing is held in place?
Are there more than 2 screws? If not, how does one remove the assembly?

Thanks again, this is a great list!