Re: NON RT/ need help with HONDA CIVIC BUY

From: Ransom T Holbrook (ransom@setel.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 17:48:15 EST

Well I'm confused then. Doesn't the majority of the cost of a vehicle
consist of labor?? If you purchase a vehicle that is made in the USA then
most of the cost goes to the labor force here. The 'profits' that go back
to the parent companies are not all that great for a given vehicle.

Basically when a $25K Kentucky built V6 Camry is sold; $10K dollars goes to
the USA workers, $7.5K goes toward parts/materials that came from the USA
economy, $2.5K goes to pay for the USA built and financed plant (plus some
overhead), $2.0K goes to the USA dealership, $0.5K goes toward
transportation AND $2.5K goes back to the parent company in Japan.

Cars/Trucks that are built outside of the USA borders are the same with only
10% of the vehicle cost coming back. So would you like to stimulate the
Mexican economy or the economy of the USA?

(BTW,Majority of the GM products are not made in the USA, mainly Mexico.)