Re: NON RT/ need help with HONDA CIVIC BUY

From: Packed318@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 15:26:58 EST

In a message dated 11/25/2001 1:56:48 PM Central Standard Time,
Pukeloser@aol.com writes:

Alot of the overseas companys are manufacturing in the US now, unfortunately
all the company profits still go to Japan since they are headquartered there.
Even the dodges are built in Canada and Mexico (some in the US) But the
Daimler headquarters are in Germany (or austria, I can't remember). Most cars
these days are damned reliable (except Ferds) I ust wish we could get the
companies and production back here in the US.

I am so glad someone else in this country understands this besides me! If
you look around your house (or worse, in your garage) and see the words
honda, toyota, sony, etc. you are not helping the economy. Everything you
buy is an investment in something. If for no other reason, I choose to spend
my money in ways that will help our economy, not support China, Japan and the
rest of the world. Unfortunately, this has become more and more difficult
and the issue gets clouded by US manufactures using overseas suppliers and
overseas companies assembling their products here. The bottom line is if you
buy a GM or Ford, your money stays in this country and helps our economy. If
you buy another car (and this kills me because it includes Chrysler), you are
still helping (supporting dealerships and factory workers), but you are
helping the economy of another country much more. Besides, the word honda
does not belong anywhere on the list! Sorry, I will get off my soapbox now.

Wayne
98 (before the takeover) Dakota