Re: Re: Neon wreck update

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@powerlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 19:22:57 EST

At 12:05 PM 11/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, our worst fears were realized yesturday. Jason and I took the car
>to a local shop in Buford for the alignment and a new front tire. The
>guy puts the new(read cheap used)tire on. I look close and notice that
>there is only about an inch from the wheel to the fender, I go over to
>the other side and there is about 3.5 inches! DOH! The mech had recently
>totalled his F150 in a simular accident, his tire blew and he wraped his
>truck around a tree. The A-frame got bent and the actual frame got bent.
>The insurance company had to totall the truck out. The mechanic looked
>close at it and said the A-frame was bent bad, but he wasnt sure if the
>cars frame was. Either way its bad. An A-frame is about $600 acourding
>to the mech. then add in the bumper, tire and wheel, a pass. door from
>the previous accident and a front fender to get the car in shape and it
>just doesnt seem worth it. What do you guys think? Jason has a car, a
>hundai elantra that needs cv joints and fluid change that he hasnt run
>in a year or so. Were probably going to get it going and try and sell
>the car for parts, or try to find a junked neon with the parts we need
>and go to town. Any thoughts?
>
>Jerry, email me off list - alexreed@home.com
>
>Jerry Lee wrote:

Rather than fix just get another one since they are getting so cheap.
My wifes winter beater(great condition w/ all maintenace and gas
records) was $600 and her dad has two that cost $500 and none
of these cars are anywhere near junk. They can be found if one looks.
Much cheaper than paying that price for parts.

John