Re: SpeedTweaks (and cable modem tweak)

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 01:15:02 EST

One of the disadvantages to a cable modem is, the more people in the area
that are online at the same time, the slower the access for all. It's shared
bandwidth. A company in LA (theres was called roadrunner, dont remember the
company name) got sued and lost for fraud in the inducement, now they have
fine print on all their literature warning that the system runs slower when
more people are on it. DSL doesn't have this prob. Cable modem speeds at
their best are only a little faster than DSL, but you'll almost never get
that speed capability.
My home computer is still on a 28.8 dial up, but I work at Kinkos where we
have T1 lines and high speed access.

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (Trans-dapt
relocated), Hughes stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1418 cam, 1.6:1
roller rockers, progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors,
Speedtweaks IAT adjuster