95 dakota 3.9 -->5.2 question

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 18:52:51 EST

Hey, I'm still reseraching some parts for my engine swap and have a few
questions. What tranny do I have with the 3.9L it's a 4x with over drive.
The fuel rail from my v8 is a 92 so it utilizes a inlet and return line.
Can I swap this with a newer rail or do I have to ghetto-rig a return line
and external regulator? What benefits can be had from polishing/porting the
intake and exhaust ports in the heads? I need a computer and wiring harness
from a later dakota/ram - preferably 95 or there about Where can I look
because I can't justify spending $400 apiece for those two. I'd be
interested in either a moparperformance or stock pcm from a Gen II pickup.
Are there any benefits from switching from a double roller timing chain to a
gear drive? Cooling: I need a new fan and one from my local salvage yard
is $100. Would an electronic fan (black magic 150) which is rated to
2400cfm be enough to cool a mildly built 318 which is around 300 hp +/-20?
I live in wisconsin and do mainly highway driving if that makes a
difference. Are the v-8 radiators different than v6's? If I get a new one,
what would be the best way to go? Are aluminums good enough to justify $300
or should I stick with an aftermarket 3 or 4 pass radiator?

More questions to come, Thanks,
Geoff