Re: intakes

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 21:27:16 EST

M1 intake is mopar... 2bbl or 4bbl, either one works great.
 For a 318, probably the 2bbl with smaller, sharper runners
will work fine. I have the 4bbl on my 5.9, and love it...
power comes on about 2500 rpm, really gets busy around 3500
rpm, and I shift at 5300 rpm.

Sam

--- Robert Parrish <parrishfarm@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to decide which intake to put on my 95 dak 318
> but I haven't
> found much besides the mopar and an M1 which I guess runs
> around $400.
> What's the differnce between these intakes? I'm looking
> to keep my power
> band between 2000 and 5000 rpm. This engine will only be
> used on the
> streets so it won't see high rpm. Are there any other
> intake manifolds that
> will work on an mpi engine?
>

> I have a Stage 2 modified beer barrel from Hughes
> Engines.This is a much
> improved mod over stock. My 98 5.2 will pull much harder
> up to 5500 rpm with
> no noticeable loss of bottom end torque. I love this
> intake!
>
> Robert Parrish
> Richmond, Va.

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com