Handling question / horror story..

From: Richard C. Stillwell (rstillwell@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 06:54:59 EST

DML,

    First the horror story -- took my truck into Midas (no, it's okay, I
know the owner) and they basically told me -- and I quote -- "If you
*really* want to keep the truck (she was laughing, I was crying), which I
don't reccommend, you're going to have to have some serious work done on the
transmission that we don't even do here." I guess my tranny pump is
shot/leaking and the driveshaft itself is leaking fluid.. anyway.. also, one
of the pistons is making a knocking/popping sound in the engine.

    Question: If I decide to overhaul the truck, I was wondering if there
was any way to get better handling out of the Gen IIs, like some sort of
sway bar, or anything, really. Also, is there anywhere that anyone knows
where I might find information on the auto transmission of a Gen II 3.9 or
any information on bolting on a new auto-tranny?

Thanks DML,
Richard
1995 Dodge Dakota Sport V6
rstillwell@mediaone.net