RE: MAACO

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 07:41:40 EST

I visited one of their shops about 4 months ago. I was thinking about
having them shoot a coat on my '94 Blazer. It is gray, and the sun baked
the pigment. (It's turning flat.) After seeing what their finished work
looks like, I decided my paint looked better that what I would have been
paying for. It didn't look terrible, but they don't use clean facilities to
do their painting. The body and paint work is all done in the same
building. If there is anything airborn, it can wind up in your finished
paint. There were a number of flaws and blemishes in what I was shown. I'd
say their paint work was a 20 footer. Don't expect to get anything close to
a factory finish, or you'll be greatly dissapointed.
Rich - Ashburn, VA