Re: Re: Neon wreck update

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@powerlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 07:49:58 EST

At 07:41 PM 11/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Where and how did they find that deal! Thats incredible, I wouldnt mind
>having a car like that for work transport., that could keep a bunch mile
>off the dak. Any suggestions on how to come accross one of these deals?
>
>AR
I'm in Maine and can't imagine it would be much different elsewhere. Two
of the cheap ones he bought where from people who wanted new ones and
the dealers offered them crap for trade in on the old ones. So rather than
let the dealer make money off the trade in they sold them privately for what
the dealer offered. My wife's winter beater came from someone who doesn't
trust cars more than a couple of years old and it leaked into the truck(simple
tail light gasket replacement). It really boils down to the fact that my
father in
law just kind of falls into great deals, especially with Mopar
stuff. Credit union
auctioned cars can be a source of good deals too; that's where his latest came
from($400).

John