Re: 2" Front Lift/ HOW TO???

From: Matthew N Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 17:50:36 EST

> If 31s will fit with just the 2" front lift, kick ass, I'll just do
> that...! I ahd tires that where about 30s on it when I first bought
it, and there
> was only ultra minor rubbing under fast full lock turns.. (don't ask!)
 BUt
> other than that they where great.

Yeah, the 31's will fit, but as I said you'll have rubbing in any
circumstance at lock! They rub the frame right at lock; you'll have to
go over bumps real slow:) The problem isn't clearing the fenders, but
rather the frame.

> Rough Country makes spacer though huh? What kinda problem did you
> have install the spacers????????

The spacers are actually too big, in my opinion. It gives you about
2.5-2.75" instead of 2", and it is extremely difficult to compress the
springs. I had it to a shop for installation, and it broke a coil
compressor, and the spring shot out and got the mechanic in the hand.
They fit, but it's a task to install. I think that JCWhitney sells
another brand of spacers. You may want to try them. Make sure you use a
compressor that compresses from the center, NOT the sides. I'd also
suggest add-a-leafs, or it will look like you have a sagging rear.

Matt
'92 CC SuperLE 3.9L auto 4x2
2" lift, soon to have 31's :)
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!