PCM trouble?????? or Christine????

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 22:01:00 EST

Ok Men,
Here's one for ya. I'm coming up 287 tonight doing at my comfortable 85
mph
cruzzin speed when I hit a pothole.The shot almost causes my
dak to stall. The next thing i know.....my tach is bouncing around + / -
200 rpm
and the sound of the exhaust note is changing like I'm going in and out
of od....but I'm not. I look at my gauges and all is well except for my
temp gauge which is sitting around 140 deg. Next my trans temp light
comes on and off a dozen times along with my od indicator light......and
the trans seems to be slipping or going into neutral. I shut her
down....go eat for a1/2 hr and shes fine. After I put the new PCM in, I
hit a bump and it stalled out.....she started right up and has been
fine.
What do ya think...loose wire, plug? It can't be the trans....or I think
it would do it all the time. Christine???
I'm thinking of driving around with a scan / code meter on it to figire
it out...what do those thigs cost?

Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Street Scene Roll Pan, Shaved Tailgate, Lund

New Pictures "by Chuck" at http://www.intense99dak.com/bob.htm