FOR SALE: Speaker box for Gen II ext cabs

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 20:52:39 EST

Happy Holidays everyone :)

I'm trying to come up with some more Christmas money and clear out some room in the garage, so I putting my old speaker box up for sale again. I'm just wanting to get enough to cover materials, so $25 obo and shipping costs.

Here's a bad photo of what I'm trying to sell:
http://www.geocities.com/geek_farm/photos/dakspeakers.jpg

It replaces the tool/storage compartment under the rear seats in a Gen II extended cab Dak. It is a little taller and longer than the stock box cause I made it to fit against the bottom of the back rest, so the removal of the folding seat brackets is necessitated (I mounted the seats cushions on the box itself so it looked almost stock).

The box is made out of 3/4 inch fiberboard for two 10" speakers. Each speaker is separated from the other and has about 1.3 cubic feet of airspace. There is a hollow compartment in the middle between the two speakers that fits over the transmission hump and is where I mounted my amp.

The box is rather heavy, but it rumbles well, and is absolutely strong enough for 3 adults (from experience :) to sit on. I had it covered with carpet to match my grey interior but took it off in anticipation of selling it.

The box weighs 60 lbs total after packaging and is 58" x 15" x 12". I'd be shipping it from the 17821 area code. Email me privately if anyones interested.

Thanks,
Mike Styer