Re: Re: Lifter noise

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 07:50:12 EST

At 10:19 PM 12/4/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Where might I find this marvel mystery oil and what exactly is it supposed
>to do? Wes

Up here in Ontario, Canadian Tire carries it. This product has been around
since the 60s (maybe longer). I would try any auto supply shop or a store with
a large auto. section, maybe Walmart.

Mopar seem to have loud lifter noises ... don't know about the other makers.
I know when I had the Magnum R/T cam and lifters installed, the engine
builder had a heck of a time getting them quiet. I think that he got spoiled
working on too many Ferds :-)

As far as why the oil gets lifter noise down, no one really knows after all
this time. It just works. I put some in my '69 340 and it sure did the job.

Bob