Re: pcm etc for 2001 gc 4.7

From: Bidwack@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 08:56:32 EST

In a message dated 12/5/01 1:02:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
willcoughlin2@hotmail.com writes:

<< Jim, as deep as I've been able to dig- all I've heard is basically that
the
 4.7L PCM's wouldn't pass emissions, so they couldn't release them. I don'
 know how much truth there is to that(probably very little-the 4.7L's are
 cleaner than 318/360's to start with!), but it seems to be what everybody is
 trained to say when asked. >>

If the base programming was done on these, then perhaps a custom flash would
be a possibility. They never released a MOPAR Pcm for 2000 and up 4x4's.
However, I was able to get a custom flash done on my PCM from Mike Leach,
Inc. in California. It cost me about $425 shipped but well worth it, IMHO.
I'd recommend giving them a call and asking for Tom Fox. I don't have the
phone number handy but it's on my website.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

THE BIONIC DODGE - 2000 Ram QC 1500 Sport, 408 Stroker, Vortech T-trim
blower, 'nuff said.