Re: evap system? again

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 16:49:38 EST

John,

I went thru this a couple years ago and found out that as long as the purge vapor
solenoid's electrical connection remains plugged up - you will NOT get a check
engine light (on '96 models anyway). All of my purge vapor vacuum lines have
been removed and/or plugged up. I went thru several conversations here and only
got flack for running without it. It is my opinion that with non-stock cams - it
is better to run WITHOUT the purge vapor lines connected as they are a source of
lost vacuum (at idle and possibly other times) when the solenoid is energized.

For me - I'll chose to sacrifice a very slight amount of HC emmissions for all
the vacuum I can get when running a modded vehicle. Especially when my cost is
nil.

Latr,

Shane