Re: Gas Mileage discovery

From: Patrick (lexam@mail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 08:47:36 EST

Puddlestompa@aol.com wrote in news:134.5d5295c.29411d31@aol.com:

> I was telling my buddy about this and he says that he gets it too in
> his car, it is from 1972 so the system is probably different but when
> his tank gets near empty the gas flow is not as consistent and solid so
> he gets a little bit less fuel with each shot, but once again his car
> is from 1972

Well I'm sure this isn't what happened to you but it reminds me of a story
I heard yesterday from an older gentleman at work.

When he worked at Honeywell there was this guy that bought a new pickup and
was as excited as a puppy with two tails. Well they decided to play a
little joke on him. Every day one of the guys would sneek out and put a
gallon of gas in his truck. Doing this you can see how this guy could not
believe the great gas mileage he got and he was bragging about it like a
preachers wife. Well after that first tank they stopped doing it. And
talk about a man in shock trying to figure out how his gas mileage could
plummit like a rock between one tank of gas to another. The best part is
they never told him what happened.