Re: Lifter noise

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 00:58:27 EST

I've got the same noise, I think it's either a lifter or a very small
pre-cat exhaust leak. Just how easy is it to change lifters? What is the
diagnostic process, simply place the stethescope on the rocker arm cover?
I'm not mechanically adverse, pretty handy actually, if I do say so myself
:-), but don't have access to a garage...
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield