RE: oil capacity

From: Esler, Joel SGT (joel.esler@us.army.mil)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 23:01:12 EST

It takes 4...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of Jon
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 1:31 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: oil capacity

I'm gearing up to do a fluids change on the truck, and my owner's manual
says that my 3.9 only takes 3.5 quarts with filter?? That's a full quart
LESS than my dad's 2.0L Stratus takes (I know because I usually do the oil
changes)
Sounds fishy. Anyone with a 3.9 care to throw anything in?
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield