update on blown powerdyne blower

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 21:05:40 EST

Okay, so my powerdyne blower wasn't blow. (All puns intended)

I was going to take it off the truck because I thought if hte impeller
scratched the case, then it could send metal chunks into the motor...
Anyways. removed the belt, and most of the hoses and air filter setup. I
start to wiggle the shaft of the S/C where the pully is to check for end
play and at first it looked REALLY bad. Then I looked back and noticed that
the bolt that held the pully on was also loose.

Said, what the heck, fired up the air compressor, and 3/8 impacted the bolt
back on, re-installed the components and fired her up.. No more
bearing-like noise!! yay
-Chuong