Multiple spanks today

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 00:02:59 EST

When I went to lunch today seems like everybody wanted to try their luck
against my R/T. First pulled up at a light beside a late model Ferd
f-250 4 door short bed model and I was minding my own business at the
light when he punched it at the green. He was half a length ahead of me
before I realized what he was doing but when I got on it it tried to get
sideways at first but then hooked up and passed him a length by 40 mph
and that is the limit and I don't speed in town. the next light he
tried it again but I beat him off the line and 2 lengths by 40 this
time. I believe 250s at least have the 5.4 ltr Triton V8s. Then I have
to pass by the Chevy dealer and some people were apparently test driving
one of those new plastic $40k pickups with the fold down back window.
(Avalanche) They pulled up next to me at a light about half a block
down the Chevy dealer and power braked it. I smoked em all the way
around them and at the next light they just took off slow like they were
embarrassed enough. Then on the way back to work some young boys in a
new Chevy 2500hd had to try it also. They had the 4" exhaust pipe which
comes with the 8.1 engine (I know the 8.1 has it but I don't know if the
smaller engines get the 4" pipe.) Anyway he gave me a good run but lost
about 1 length to 40. He did not break the tires loose and I spin like
crazy if I floor it from the stand still or I might have pulled him off
the line. Anyway lunch today was FUN! :-)
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC