Re: More 4.7L cooling issues

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 14:10:56 EST

I called JET about this awhile back, they said exactly what you detail
below about modifying the incoming fuel and timing curves (from 1500 RPM
to WOT) to the PCM, and this should not promote the MIL...they suggested
going back to the 195 T-Stat as the stage II only recommends a 185 T-Stat,
not that it is required....I'm toying with doing this as I felt a nice
little improvement with the chip and would like to keep it -vs- no chip
and running a 185 T-Stat.

BTW, JET says they are working on a new chip that will remove the top
speed limiter, they have had many requests for this...no ETA