Re: Re: A500 to A518?

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 21:39:09 EST

>From my understanding the 46RE is the A518, which I absolutely do not have.
The one in my truck is an A500, 42/44RE I'm not sure. How much did you bet?
It seems that there's not very much knowledge and/or information around
about the transmissions in these trucks. Perhaps I have found myself a nice
little market to build upon. Time to get every manual and bit of information
I can find and maybe put together a nice little "how to rebuild/ hot rod
your A500-A518 transmission" book. All I have to do is train myself first.
(hmmm, this could take awhile:-)

Mark