Re: More 4.7L cooling issues

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 08:53:39 EST

At 11:22 AM 12/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, how about problems with the RS 180 T-Stats? Who has had to replace
>them, and once again, by looking at a T-Stat, can you physically till if
>it is stuck open?
>
>I'm fighting a 1281 MIL: Engine Coolant Too Cold, though the truck seems
>to warm up and run normal....Jet Chip II issue or the damn computer?
>
>Thanks.

Just wondering if you've checked the coolant temp. sensor and its wiring/
connection. I had my oil pressure gauge showing erratic (mainly low) readings
and, because I race 1/4-mi., did an OH-OH. I finally examined the wiring,
did a wire wiggle and then pushed firmly on the connector to the sensor.
Problem solved ... let out a huge sigh of relief.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (racing weight)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 95.05 mph