Re: Quad cab 3.9 R/T..It sure fools....

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 21:52:46 EST

Yes they are.

In MY eyes, the by the book definition of R/T albeit a Dakota, Stratus,
Neon, or an older muscle car... It is a model and/or trim package that is
seperate and distinct from the balance of the vehicles of the same body
style, offered by the factory (GTX, R/T,RoadRunner,SuperBee,T/A,etc) or
offered through the factory (Shelby), and discernible by looking at the VIN,
and/or build sheet.

In the case of Dakotas, position 8 of the VIN will be a 'Z', and the vehicle
will be 2wd, and have 2 doors. By the book, this is the definition of an
R/T Dakota.

Is there room to expand this definition? CERTAINLY. Do I strictly adhere to
it? NO. But to me, if there is not a "Z" in position 8, and you plan on
putting R/T on your truck, please be prepared to step up the the staging
lanes and lay down a pass of 15.00 or less.

TonyC