Rapid Transit

From: charger1969rt (charger1969rt@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 12:28:45 EST

"I'm pretty sure, from what I've seen in magazines and shows, that "back in
the day" it did indeed stand for Rapid Transit. It's referred to here -
http://www.chryslerpower.com/8789.html twice and I've seen it on other
Mopar-related literature as well."

Hi list:

If too many beers and too many years haven't completely dulled the senses,
I beleive "Rapid Transit " was Plymouth's term for their collection of muscle-
cars.

Their collection ran from the 340 Dusters thru the Fury with a 6-pack option.

Also Plymouth did not badge their cars with RT.

When Dodge first used RT as Road/Track....Road and Track magazine had
a real cow about it.

A RT Charger in 1969 meant the baseline car was a 440 375hp wedge with
your only engine option being the Hemi. 8 3/4 was the standard rear end with
a Dana 60 if a 4-speed car.

Christmas break...Big Red, our 1969rt 440/auto will return to the road.

rob
92dak
69rt charger
70 6pk challeger