Emissions results

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 08:58:13 EST

I know there's somewhat of a general interest about emissions testing and
modifications, so I thought I'd post my results as another point of
reference, in case anybody is interested. If not, just move on.

This is for my '95 (specs in my signature file). It has a 180 degree
thermostat, Autolite 3923 plugs, MSD ignition wires and 80,400 miles at
the time of the test. A couple of days before the test was done, I put
in a tank of Petro Canada premium fuel with their cleaning additive.

I took it to the local Speedy Muffler for the Ontario "Drive Clean" test
(don't get me started on the politics of this test... suffice to say that
I have to do it whether I like it or not).

Speedy made me return the air intake to stock, as they wouldn't test it
with the aftermarket open air element in place. Mine is just a homebrew
setup with an Edelbrock can, if you have something like a K&N FIPK with a
CARB number your results might be different. I was curious to see what
would happen with the thermostat.

It actually passed quite well. Full results were:

         Limit Reading
HC ppm 68 15
CO% 0.38 0.06
NO ppm 956 436

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@sympatico.ca Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white