Re: Black Magic fans

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 01:11:57 EST

Like the guys said the electric fans are too small for a V8 under most
conditions. They don't move enough air and on the gen 3 Daks there is not
enough room in front of the condenser to but a pusher fan there. If you do not
use A/C you may get by with an electric fan and flex fans are dangerous and
noisy. Now if anyone can figure out how to retrofit a factory electric fan like
the Ferd Crown Vic police cars come with that might work. Come to think of it
my wife's 96 Cougar V8 has a big electric fan also and never has an overheating
problem. These fans have lots more CFM of air movement than ANY after market
fan I have ever found. Gen 3 Daks don't have enough room for dual fans behind
the radiator either. Time to try wrecking yards!