NOW: Damaged lights WAS: offtopic - holiday - USA

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 08:50:02 EST

Good Morning DAKnuts!

I need to vent a little. Some moron has decided to make "its" presence felt
by destroying our lights. Not just once, but two separate incidents. We use
white lights on the house, red on our wooden fence, and green on the
evergreen and trees. All in total 2,800 lights.

Incident 1:
Thursday Dec 6 - Friday Dec 7 between the hours of 11:00PM and 6:00AM. East
side of house has wires cut and bulb sockets removed. Not just the bulbs,
but the socket itself was cut away! On our 12' tall tree, across the top was
cut in half (approx 10' high) with some more plugs cut off. Here's the
kicker the set on the eves.....at the end of one string and beginning of
another, this connection was laying on the inside of the gutter. The wires
were cut and the end of the one string. Mind you this is 8.5' off the ground
with nothing to stand up on for access.

At first, we just noticed that the end of that string was cut -- could have
been a squirrel being that it was in the gutter. When replacing that string,
we noticed the rest of the damage.

Incident 2:
Sunday Dec 16 between 1:20AM and 7:30AM. Got home from a Christmas party
(Driving the Dak!!) The house was lit with the exception of the original
damage (too busy with school to fix them). My wife woke me up after letting
the dogs out (Yes dogs!! No barking!!) to ask if I left the lights on? Yes.
Were they all lit? Yes. Including the garage? Yes. Now, only the peak of the
house and one of the sections on one string (33 lights) work. That's it!!!!
The perpetrator must have used pliers and pinched the bulbs themselves to
darken the lights. All along the house and fence and trees, only 233 lights
remain. Sheriff was notified around 7:45AM. These unknown case will be
difficult if impossible to solve.

Now, I ask you. Why? What on this Earth is the reason for this? Did this
effect the spirit of Christmas? No! Did this upset us? Yes! Are we going to
fix them? Yes! Is there going to be surveillance? Yes! Will "it" be caught?
Only if "it" does it again before Christmas! Christmas day they are coming
down after the family leaves.

None of the neighbors are having any problems. We have been here for 6 years
without any problems. I don't get it. Thanks for your time! I wish you and
your families all the best this holiday season!!

I will advise if "it" is caught.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 255,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!