RE: Lockers

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 17:04:47 EST

Tractech makes the Detroit. The Tractech/Detroit EZ-Locker and Powertrax
locker (I forget the name now, they've changed it a couple of times) are
nearly identical, but the Powertrax is generally considered the better of
the two durability-wise. The No-Slip is basically just a beefed-up version
of the standard Powertrax unit. Still a 'lunch-box' or drop-in locker, so
not as strong as a full-on Detroit or similar unit that replaces the
carrier, but plenty strong for most folks. If you drive in snowy climes, you
may want to consider one of the better limited-slip units like Auburn,
Detroit Tru-Trac, etc...lockers can be a bit to adjust to in snow and ice on
the road, especially with the light tail-end of a pickup.

-Rodney