Re: Re: Pre-Mag V8 Engine Serial Number

From: Jack 3 (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 21:30:21 EST

That's what I thought, and I found the place where it goes,
but it looks blank. The paint does look pretty thick, so I
am thinking that maybe it has covered the stampings. The
stampings on some engines I have seen over the years have
been fairly light to start with, so add a coat of thick
paint, and maybe it looks blank. Who knows.
Thanks anywho.

Jack 3

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:52:12 -0500
 "TonyC" <acellan1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> The serial number on the motor will match the rivited on
> plate on the
> radiator support. Shelby did paint the engines black,
> though I'm not sure
> if they were blue underneath. I believe the engine
> serial number can be
> found above the pan rail.
> TonyC

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA