Re: Re:Heavy Duty Radiator for Gen 2 Dakota????

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 13:53:48 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2001 4:21:46 PM Central Standard Time,
Baddakota@aol.com writes:

> Is a Heavy duty radiator made for the Gen 2 Dakotas? I was thinking that
> the
> radiator from a V-8 4x4(Possibly with the heavy duty service group) might
> offer a little more cooling power (thicker cores),than a V-8 2WD. If not
> has
> anyone heard of a aftermarket radiator like "Be Cool" or "Griffin" that
> makes

Mike,
       Easiest way to see if there is a difference is to go to your local
parts store A/Z, PepBoys, NAPA.. whatever.. and have then check a part
number.. if they list as different then it'll probably be a little better
than the stock one.
       Personally I'd recommend calling Griffin, They used to do them for
several of the bigger drivers at the track we raced at up north.. They'll
just make it to your specs.
If you have a local radiator shop in town.. They can make you one that'll
work better than stock if they're any good at all. I had a HD 3 core made
for my 86 Plymouth Turismo I used to have. Worked great. and was less than
$200.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd