Re: Voided Warranty? UPDATE

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 20:17:25 EST

I had my water pump go out at just over 30K, a month and a half out of
factory warrantee. And it had been in for a coolant flush just before
the warrantee was up. They've never said anything about any of the mods
I've done, even when they replaced the ring and pinion gears in the rear
diff under warrantee about a year ago. At first they said the time was
up on the factory warrantee and it would be $370 to replace the water
pump. I bitched a bit and they treated it as an extended contract deal
where I had to pay for the pump and a deductible. Ended up being $170,
which was okay but it was still lame having to replace the pump at all
at 30K.

On another note, I'm also having that driveline vibration Bernd
mentioned earlier. I'll go into that later though, right now I'm working
on a wheel/backspacing problem.

--
Chris
Portland, OR