Re: Tranny fluid change

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 14:03:33 EST

Jon,
  I think we have the same tranny since we have almost identical trucks. My
tranny does have a filter....easy to find at any local autoparts store.
  Your tranny should take 6 quarts of fluid if you are simply dropping the
pan and letting it drain. Here is a link to a message I posted a while
back. Everything I read told me I would only need 4 quarts, but I found out
otherwise.
http://www.dakota-truck.net/ARCHIVES/0010/0338.html
  Hope this helps you out.
--Aaron--