herculiner

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 22:36:59 EST

I installed the herculiner when it first came out about 2 years ago. I
then installed a roll-top cover. The areas under the cover are perfect,
but the exposed areas on the bed rails seem to be somewhat "chalky"
now. If you put your hand on it, it will leave a black mark on it. I
assume this is uv damage. Herculiner states that you can at anytime
recoat it and because of the xylene, it will bond with the original coat
to become a new thicker coat, versus layers on layers. Best of all, you
can buy it in quart cans to do touch up and repairs.
  It took my 5 hours total for a very professional looking over the rail
bedliner. I am pleased even though I'm gonna put a coat on the rails
soon.
Patrick