Voided Warranty? / Now I am worried too

From: ArcticRoze@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 02:36:45 EST

I have been reading this thread very carefully, because I also carry a
Chrysler Service "Contract." It is a 6 year / 75,000 mile plan. I found
where my contract also says vehicles that are NOT eligible.... "vehicles
altered or converted from the original manufacturer's specifications" So what
exactly does that mean, original manufacturer's specifications? Your buildup
sheet from Chrysler or general specifications for the Dakota?

I have had a similar contract with my previous vehicle that had minor
modifications (air intake, muffler, new wheels and tires). I had one service
performed (air conditioning replaced) and a 3/4 refund for remaining contract
when vehicle was sold. No one asked or said anything about the
modifications.

I felt pretty confident when purchasing the added coverage to my new Dakota,
but now after reading that line in the contract and the problems that the guy
in Vegas is having, I am not so sure anymore. I have made a few minor but
noticeable modifications to the Dakota, such as throttle body, cat-back
exhaust, intake, new wheels and larger tires. So even if I took it in for a
windshield problem, I could get jacked.

The extended contract won't go into effect until Feb 2003. Should I cancel
it and get a refund? Keep it and cross my fingers when take to dealer for
service? Help please. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Julie
`00 SLT+ QC V6 3.9 4x2 Driftwood
Gibson Exhaust, Quick D Intake & Throttle Body
http://hometown.aol.com/arcticroze/myhomepage/auto.html