Goodbye to the Dak

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 12:48:38 EST

Traded in the '99 Club Cab Sport last night for a 2001
Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport. Same color, it just looks
like
the Dak grew some. I was in the market for Dak Quad
Cab when I came across the ad for LA Dodge, $6500 of
MSRP. They had 6 trucks when I got there. I walk out
with one for 20,280 including tax and license. Power
everything, sport pkg, automatic, 5.2...the works.

The Dakota was a less then satisfying experience. The
rear howl, the clunking into reverse, the rough
idling,
the window clunking (innards of window on driver side
replaced three times and it was doing it again). About
the only common problem I didn't experience was the
ball joints. The brake rotors were replaced at 11k for
being warped....although they've stayed true the next
30k. The worst part were the service people....one guy
even told me I was whining about nothing. I told him
my previous 3 vehicles had been in for warranty work a
total of 1 time, had them each for 5 years. Needless
to say I didn't buy from that dealer this time.