Re: RE:speed

From: Gary Bower (gwbower@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 15:52:44 EST

A buddy of mine who owned a show Corvette(candy apple red, side pipes-327
F.I.lots of engine work) in the late 60's took me for aride one night in
farm country. We got going 170 mph...I was not the driver,but thought the
story fit in the thread. His dad was big wig at Chey.He also had an Impala
with a 409 but the 'safe' topend on it was nowhere near what the
corvette could do.